Lung Cancer Trials
How have you been involved in your clinical trials group?
- Attending the principal meetings of the Group and raising matters of interest or concern to health consumers, be they patients or friends/families of patients.
- Discussing the genesis and progress of a clinical trial.
- Accepting recommendations from the Group to offer a consumer perspective to investigators in related research.
What did you find rewarding?
- Continuing to use my professional expertise in a constructive way.
- Continuing to use my experiential knowledge in a useful manner.
- Returning benefits to the public good which I have received from the public health system.
What advice or tips would you give somebody starting out?
- Understand where your experience and expertise lie.
- Know the extent of your ignorance.
- Assert only what you know.
- Understand that nobody is infallible.